Public Relations Contact:
Hospital Information Contact:
North America's Largest Seasonal Halloween Retailer Announces 2016 Top Costumes, Including Harley Quinn, Political Candidates and PJ Masks
Experience Fright and Delight — More Than 1,200 Stores Open Across the United States and Canada
Egg Harbor Township, NJ, (September 17, 2015) — Vampires: sharpen your fangs; witches: grab your broomsticks; ghosts: bring your boo – the magical season of make believe is finally upon us. Spirit Halloween, the largest seasonal Halloween retailer, is officially open for the season. The experts in one-stop-shopping for an enchanting Halloween bring the largest variety of one-of-a-kind costumes to shoppers, ranging from buzz-worthy looks such as Pokémon, Presidential Candidates and Wonder Woman to new cult-favorites like Deadpool, Shimmer and Shine and PJ Masks.
“Spirit Halloween offers the most comprehensive selection of Halloween costumes, décor and accessories in the world,” said Steven Silverstein, President and CEO, Spirit Halloween. “This year, we’re thrilled to bring together a fun, diverse collection found only at Spirit Halloween stores nationwide or online, inspired by both time-tested favorites and trending topics, to ensure a fun and creepy time. From 2016’s global phenomenon, Pokémon, to powerful women, to the presidential candidates, our costumes truly transform our customers into any character they can dream up this Halloween.”
Spirit Halloween, the authority on all things Halloween, has once again created a list of the year’s top 10 costumes with a wide range of options for all ages to get the smile or scare they are looking for.
• Anti-heroes: 2016 is all about the anti-heroes. And doesn’t it feel so good to be bad! Harley Quinn, the Joker and Deadpool all combine the daring and mischievous traits of a villain with the heart of a hero.
• Girl Power: Who runs the world? Girls. Fierce, fearless females remain popular this year, with super heroines Supergirl, Batgirl and Wonder Woman (who celebrates her 75th super hero-versary in 2016!) as well as real-life heroes: doctors, police officers and firefighters. Daughters will be thrilled to coordinate with moms in costumes for all sizes.
• Election 2016: America’s top candidates for president are the most controversial to date. Spirit Halloween has both realistic and humorous candidate masks and wigs for a creative political statement. Accessorize your candidate to show their sexy side, devilish demeanor or even what they’d look like behind bars.
• Gaming: Level-up with the phenomenon that took the world by storm this year: Pokémon. Other fan-favorite gamer costumes for 2016 include Fallout, Assassin’s Creed and Five Nights at Freddy’s.
• Anime: This Japanese cultural icon has crossed the Pacific! Hone battle skills and dress the part of a Dragon Ball Z warrior, an Attack On Titan cadet or a Naruto ninja in anime-inspired costumes.
• Crayola: Color outside the lines with new Crayola costumes. Collaborate with friends to bring a rainbow of Crayola crayons to life. An easy last-minute costume for shoppers of every age, and perfect for teachers celebrating Halloween and creativity in the classroom.
• Trending Tykes: Let the little ones’ imaginations soar as they transform into today’s most-loved cartoon friends, including official styles you won’t find anywhere else from PJ Masks, Shimmer and Shine, Paw Patrol and Blaze and the Monster Machines.
• Pop Culture: Go viral with looks from the most talked about topics of the year from FX’s smash hit “American Horror Story” to musical legends Prince and David Bowie.
• #TBT: Throw it back to iconic characters of Halloweens past for a #trendingcostume. From horror classics to beloved characters Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 & 2 and TMNT, these costumes are a guaranteed high five.
• DIY: Express individuality with a large selection of basics and beyond in every color to elevate a do-it-yourself look. Take a Spirit Halloween costume over the top with key accessories that strut your style, such as colorful wigs, bright eyelashes, bold makeup, statement-making suspenders, masks or hats of all shapes and sizes.
Beyond unrivaled costumes, Spirit Halloween retail locations feature larger-than-life, nightmare-inducing animatronic displays for the home. Those tempted to walk around the spine-chilling “Clock Tower” will be frightened by the motion-activated Howling Werewolf, a life-size Swinging Scarecrow, a crazed three headed dog Cerberus, and back by popular demand, the evil Lil Skelly Bones. Brave shoppers can also experience the “Haunted Hotel” where Floating Ghost Girl surprises from above with demonic laughter and a haunting cry followed by the Electrified Corpse, which hangs upside down, shaking and glowing from LED lights and equipped with screaming, moaning, popping and zapping sounds.
Hosting a monster bash this fright night? Spirit Halloween is the single destination for everything to trick out the home – both inside and out. Spirit’s wide selection of new Ouija-themed items allows the stylish hostess to match a Ouija dress and scarf with Ouija candles, pint glasses, shot glasses and more. With themed décor such as Spirit’s Haunted Séance Board, spooky Ghost Writing Book, motion-activated Spider Portrait and Whirl-A-Motion LED projection spotlights, it’s never been easier to transform a home into the neighborhood’s most talked about haunted house.
Click Here to Download Hi res Photos
To locate a Spirit Halloween store in your area, visit SpiritHalloween.com. For exclusive discounts and the inside scoop on all things Halloween, "Like" us if you dare on Facebook Facebook.com/SpiritHalloween, follow us on Pinterest Pinterest.com/SpiritHalloween, follow us on Twitter @SpiritHalloween, follow us on Instagram @SpiritHalloween and check us out on YouTube youtube.com/SpiritHalloween. Upload your spooky Spirit Halloween shopping experience by tagging photos with the hashtag #SpiritHalloween on your social media channels.
About Spirit Halloween
Spirit Halloween (spirithalloween.com) is the largest Halloween specialty retailer in the country with more than 1,200 locations in strip centers and malls across North America. Celebrating 33 years of business, Spirit is the authority on all things Halloween, offering one-stop shopping for everything from costumes to decor and party goods to accessories. In addition to being a fun and interactive event for shoppers, Spirit stores offer complete selections of costumes and accessories for infants/toddlers, children, 'tweens, teens, and adults along with exclusive decor you won't find anywhere else.
At the heart of Spirit Halloween is Spirit of Children (spiritofchildren.com), a program which focuses on making hospitals less scary for kids and their families. Since its inception in 2006, Spirit of Children has raised over $29 million for the Child Life department at hospitals across the country. Donations to Spirit of Children stay within local communities, with 100% of funds going toward a child’s life. For the 2016 Halloween season, Spirit of Children will be supporting 139 hospitals across the country, with a goal to raise $7.8 million. Spirit encourages customers to help make a difference in a child's life this Halloween season by donating at their local Spirit Halloween or spreading awareness via Facebook and Instagram by using #SpiritofChildren in their photos.
Sharp Communications for Spirit Halloween
212.829.0002 ext. 146