Makeup tutorials are wicked cool.
It’s that time of the year again. You have an iced PSL in hand, and sweater weather is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start planning your Halloween costume. We’re here to show you that you can do so much more than just green paint for your wicked witch costume. Check out Spirit Halloween’s step-by-step witch makeup tutorial below!
Yes, we know. This realistic green witch makeup tutorial is seriously impressive. But don’t worry! We’re here to take you through it step by step.
What You Might Need
Trying to nail this look? Here’s everything you’ll need.
- Witchy wig
- Cream makeup
- Witch costume
- Smoky eye essentials
- Spirit gum adhesive/liquid latex
- Setting powder
How to Apply Witch Makeup
No basic witches here. Below are instructions on how to apply the base of your witch face makeup.
- Apply eyeshadow (black, deep purple, or forest green) to the eyelids using a medium-sized brush and blend, blend, blend. We’re looking for that smoky eye effect. Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect. You are a witch, after all. Line your upper lash line with black eyeliner, and if desired, add a slight wing. Add some false lashes for an added dramatic flair.
- Glue down nose and chin prosthetics using spirit gum adhesive. *See below for instructions.*
- Layer your face with different shades of green. Cream, grease, or liquid makeup will work fine for this step.
- Draw arched eyebrows using the felt tip eyeliner.
- Contour chin, nose, and forehead with deep purple eyeshadow.
- Draw tiny purple circles over the green to create a creepy skin effect.
- Outline the purple circles with white.
How to Apply a Prosthetic Nose
Below are instructions on how to apply a prosthetic witch nose or any other prosthetic pieces.
- Test fit: Before applying the prosthetic, hold it to your nose to ensure it fits appropriately and aligns well with your features.
- Apply adhesive: Use a small brush to apply a thin layer of spirit gum to the back of the prosthetic nose. Also, apply a thin layer of spirit gum to the area of your skin where the prosthetic will be placed.
- Wait for tackiness: Allow the adhesive on both the prosthetic and your skin to become slightly tacky. This might take a minute or two.
- Position and press: Gently place the prosthetic nose onto the prepared area of your nose. Carefully press down to ensure it adheres securely. Hold it in place for a moment to help it bond.
- Blend edges: Use a makeup sponge or your fingers to gently blend the edges of the prosthetic into your skin. This will create a more seamless transition between the prosthetic and natural skin.
How to Complete Your Witch Costume
Now that you’ve successfully completed your wicked witch makeup, it’s time to move on to the other elements of your costume. Add the accessories below to your enchanting ensemble to complete the look!
Looking for more Halloween makeup tutorials? Check out: