This post will walk you through the process of applying three different types of fake fangs. It’s easy to add these sharp teeth to any costume and make people even more afraid of you this Halloween! Whether you want to show off vampire fangs, werewolf fangs, or any other type of sharp fang, these instructions will show you how to do it.
Below is our video on how to apply fangs, along with a step by step tutorial. Watch the video to get a visual image of how to apply your fangs.
How to Apply Reuseable Fangs
You will have to go through this process with each fang, one at a time.
- Everything you need will be included with the fangs. To prepare the adhesive for your fangs, twist one capsule apart and pour the powder into the included container.
- Gather all the powder on the edge of the container and add four drops of the liquid.
- Use the wooden stick to mix the powder and liquid until the mixture achieves a toothpaste-like consistency.
- Spread the paste onto the walls of the tooth, not down into the cavity. Do this quickly and make sure it’s still a paste and not rubbery. If it becomes rubbery, use an extra capsule to create more paste.
- To size it, push the fang up onto your tooth. Do not wiggle it. It’s okay if the mixture squeezes out the sides a little bit; that will give it a better fit. You can remove any extra mixture from your teeth as long as you don’t wiggle the fang. Hold the tooth for five minutes.
- Let the fang sit on your tooth for 10-15 minutes. After this time, you can take off the fang by pushing it forward a bit. You may hear a slight click; then it should click on and off easily. You may see some excess adhesive on the sides; that will help it click back in.
- Repeat the process for the second fang.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, you can take the fangs on and off and keep them in the included case when you aren’t using them.
How to Apply Single-Use Fangs
Below are instructions on how to apply single-use fangs. Make sure you aren’t wearing lipstick so you can avoid staining the adhesive or tooth.
- Boil water and add the beads until they turn from white to clear. You can put them all in at once or do half for one fang, then half for the other.
- Once the blobs are completely clear, remove them with a metal spoon.
- Roll the adhesive into a wormlike shape before it dries; you want to work as quickly as possible to get the adhesive into the needed shape.
- Place the little adhesive blob onto the tooth perpendicular to the length of the tooth, press the fang up onto your tooth for no longer than a minute, then remove it.
- To get the fang to fit perfectly and look its best, carefully press any extra adhesive back onto the roof of your mouth and behind your tooth.
How to Apply Retractable Fangs
How to apply retractable fangs. These instructions are for fangs that feature one mouthpiece with two attached fangs, and are the simplest and easiest types of fangs.
- Heat up fangs in hot water to soften the dental putty until it turns completely clear.
- Make sure the fangs are aligned to your canine teeth, then bite down on the putty or press it upward and hold it for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the fangs and run them under cold water to harden the material. The putty will turn white again.
- Now the fangs are ready to insert into your mouth. Use the tongue bar to raise and lower them as desired. While retracted, the fangs aren’t noticeable, so you can use them to surprise and scare people. Flick your tongue to easily move these retractable fangs up and down.
Looking for more Halloween makeup FAQs? Check out: