It’s that time of year again: Time for the Sanderson sisters to come to life and steal the youth from children! If you’re preparing for a Halloween party with your friends and want to transform into the Sanderson sisters, be sure to follow our hair and makeup tutorials below.
- If you do not have naturally red/orange hair, use a temporary hair color spray for the full effect.
- Curl your hair so you can have the wavy texture like Winnie.
- Pull your hair back and then separate into two bunches at the top of your skull towards the back.
- Take these two bunches and create two ponytails.
- Begin to tease them a bit with the curls and then create two messy buns. Attempt to fluff it to fill in these gaps.
- Pull some strands to the front a bit so it looks like you just got off your broomstick.
- Start with your normal concealer and foundation routine. Be sure to go over your lips so they blend in as well.
- Add a rosy blush on the apples of your cheeks. Make sure it’s prominent!
- Using red lipstick, cover only the area of your lips that you can cover with your thumb. Make sure to emphasize the cupid’s bow to form a heart-like shape.
- Optional: utilize buckteeth, so that you get the full effect of her teeth reaching over her lip.
- Start by picking up a plastic cup, turning it face down, so the opening is on the table.
- Tape a couple of pipe cleaners along the side with the other end sticking straight up. For the best results, get pipe cleaners that are a similar color to your hair.
- Construct the pipe cleaners to twist and turn similar to Mary’s in the film.
- After adding curls to your hair and moving them around for frizz and texture, place the cup face down on your head.
- Gather your hair to wrap around the cup and placeholder to create the whimsical hairstyle of Mary.
- Be sure to leave out a few strands and fluff bangs if you have them.
- Add some purple highlights if you would like as well. If your hair is not covering it enough, pick up some extensions to give the full effect.
- Start with your normal concealer and foundation routine.
- Add a little blush to your cheeks, but not too much.
- Create a smoky eye on your lids with eye shadow, add black eyeliner to the top lid, and then line the bottom eyelid with some eye shadow.
- Apply mascara.
- Add a beauty mark dot to the right of your right nostril aligned with the tip of your nose.
- Complete the look with a red lip and a crooked smile, so that your bottom lip extends to the right.
- Start with natural long blonde hair or a similar wig.
- Part your hair a little off center.
- Loosely curl a few strands.
- Start with your normal concealer and foundation routine, so that your face looks fairly fair.
- Line your eyes with black eyeliner and use charcoal eye shadow for a dark, smoky effect. Add a few layers of black mascara for a little seduction.
- Dark red lips are a must.
- Don’t forget a nice black dot on the right side of your chin to match the beauty mark from the movie.
Send us pictures of how your makeup and hair turned out at email@example.com. If you are running out of time or would rather just purchase these styles, we offer wigs for each character and more right here.
Please note: Any photos sent in may be used in future posts. Full names will never be made public.