When it comes to dressing up for Halloween, your costume is never complete without the finishing touches. Whether it’s as simple as putting on a set of false lashes or a little more complex like applying a full face of makeup, this will really help pull your costume together. Grease and cream makeup make it easy for you to turn into a sinister skeleton, a magical fairy, or practically anything your imagination comes up with!
Ready to completely transform into a brand new character? Awesome! But what exactly is the difference between grease and cream makeup? Let’s break it down:
- Oil based
- Best for sheer coverage
- Colors are more vibrant
- Best applied with a makeup sponge for fuller coverage and blender for shading
- Set with face powder to avoid smudging
- Washes off with soap and water
- Water based
- Great base for any look. Apply layers for coverage
- More control when combining colors
- Mix to create unique color blends
- Use crayons and greases to add detail and shading
- Best applied with a makeup sponge
- Washes off with soap and water or makeup remover
Want to see it in action? Check out this video:
For an awesome example of how these types of makeup help you transform into one of your favorite characters, check out this Billy Butcherson makeup tutorial from @clittlecosmetics, one of our influencers.
Now that you know all the details, start planning your next Halloween makeup look! Shop all of our grease and cream makeup here, and show us what you come up with! Send us a picture of your look to email@example.com for a chance to be featured in a future post.
Looking for more Halloween makeup FAQs? Check out: