Oops. It’s October 30th and you’ve totally failed to plan a costume for that Halloween party tomorrow. Now, you’re frantically searching for inspiration on the internet and in the section of your closet that hasn’t seen the sun in six years. Don’t panic! You don’t always need an elaborate costume to look awesome on Halloween. With a little Halloween makeup and a lot of imagination, you can transform yourself into just about anything.
The internet is full of makeup wizards who seem to be able to create Sistine Chapel-worthy art on their faces, but you do not have to be an expert to have fun with makeup! We’ve rounded up a few easy Halloween makeup ideas that can be executed by anyone. Keep reading for everything from ghost makeup suggestions to zombie makeup ideas that are sure to capture everyone’s attention!
Feeling wicked? Create a classic devil look that’s both instantly recognizable and easy to achieve! This Devil Character Makeup Kit has everything you need to craft a vibrant and vile devil style in just a few easy steps.
- Wet the included sponge and dip it into the light red makeup tray. Rub the sponge in a sweeping motion to cover your whole face, avoiding your mouth and eye areas.
- Rinse the sponge with warm water and dip it into the dark red makeup tray. Dab the sponge onto your temples, and apply it to your cheekbones in an upward sweeping motion toward your ears. The goal here is to create dimension and depth.
- Wet the brush and dip it into the black makeup tray. Carefully apply black makeup around your eyes. Use the sponge to blend any sharp edges.
- Use the black eye pencil to create the illusion of deeply sunken eyes. Highlight the area under each eye with short, feathery strokes of the eye pencil.
- Dip the double-tipped applicator into the black makeup tray and create short, messy lines along your forehead, laugh lines, and frown lines. Paint a triangle-shaped beard directly below your bottom lip.
- Wet the double-tipped applicator and dip it into the white makeup tray. Create short, light-handed highlighting strokes in your eyebrows and on the triangle-shaped beard. Gently line your forehead creases and under-eye areas.
- For added drama, use the sponge to dab black makeup onto your lips.
- Watch heads turn as you walk into the party looking absolutely horrifying!
There’s a lot to admire about vampires. From their striking fangs to their haunting eyes, vampires are the ultimate Halloween-style icons. While it may look difficult to achieve the pallid perfection exhibited by vampires, it’s an easy look to create with this Fright Night Vampire Makeup Kit! Here’s how to vamp up your style:
- Wet the sponge and dip it into the white makeup tray. Use a sweeping motion to cover your entire face and neck, avoiding your mouth and eye areas. Apply a second coat of white makeup for extra coverage.
- Wet the brush and dip it into the black makeup tray. Use the brush to line the areas around your eyes. Cover your eyelids and under-eye areas with black makeup to create a sunken eye effect. Remember that costume makeup will look more dramatic than everyday makeup! Don’t be afraid to use bolder and heavier makeup than you would in a typical daily makeup routine.
- Use the black makeup pencil to line your upper and lower lash lines.
- Rinse the brush and dip it into the deep purple makeup tray. Use the tip of the brush to create short strokes around your eyes, neck, and cheeks. The goal here is to create the illusion of veins! Lightly pat and blend them with a damp finger to give them an under-the-skin appearance.
- Rinse the brush. Dip it into the red makeup tray, mixing in a few drops of warm water. Press the wet, makeup-filled brush against the corners of your mouth to create a dripping blood effect.
Dolls are both creepy and cute, making them the perfect Halloween icons. Whether you want to model your look after a horror movie starlet or a harmless rag doll, makeup tools like this Gothic Makeup Kit can turn your vision into a reality.
Our favorite doll-inspired look is equal parts sinister and sweet. Here’s how to get the look:
- Dab the powder puff into the white powder compact. Fill the puff generously, as your goal is to create a flawless porcelain effect.
- Starting with your forehead and working your way down toward your chin, gently pat your face with the puff. Dab the powder puff back into the white powder compact and apply powder to bare spots as needed.
- Use the powder puff to pat your neck, creating a seamless transition between your face and neck. Repeat this process until your face and upper neck are evenly white.
- Dip a clean finger into the white eyeshadow tray. Apply white eyeshadow to both eyelids. Using a finger instead of a brush helps to keep the color bolder and more concentrated.
- Wash your hands. Dip a clean finger into the black eyeshadow tray. Apply black eyeshadow to the crease above each eyelid. This creates the illusion of wider, more sunken-in eyes.
- Use the black liquid eyeliner to line the lash line below each eye. By leaving your waterlines bare, you are creating a wide-eyed effect.
- Use the black liquid eyeliner to create a wing on the outer edge of each eye.
- Dab the powder puff into the black eyeshadow tray. Use it to highlight your cheekbones by sweeping in an upward motion from just outside of your nose to your ears.
- Use the black lipstick to cover your lips. Apply a second coat to ensure that the color is consistent and concentrated.
- Check your teeth! Be sure that they are free of black lipstick.
Halloween isn’t Halloween without ghosts. And while you may have rocked a white sheet over your head as a kid, makeup can help you to create a unique, anything-but-basic ghost look.
Here’s how you can transform into a fashionable phantom using the Ghost Stories Makeup Kit:
- Apply cream white makeup to the tip of the sponge. Cover your entire face with white cream makeup. Apply additional coats as needed to create an even, stark white base.
- Dip the sponge-tipped applicator into the white makeup tray. Cover your eyelids and lips until they are pure white.
- Dip the sponge-tipped applicator into the gray makeup tray. Apply gray makeup to the areas under each eye. The bolder the better! Wherever your eyes would normally appear baggy or puffy when you’re tired is where you should focus your highlighting efforts.
- Dip the sponge into the black makeup tray. Apply black makeup to the creases above each eyelid. Blend the makeup toward the outer corners of each eye to create a smoky effect.
- Choose your lip look. Your first option is to use the sponge-tipped applicator to apply bold red makeup to your lips. The juxtaposition of all black and white makeup against a bold red lip creates a surreal romantic effect! Your second option is to line the natural creases in your lips with the black makeup pencil. Create short, feathery, vertical lines to create a dramatic cracked-lip effect. Happy haunting!
Zombies are mega-popular lately, and we can see why. They’re fascinating! Everyone knows that you have to destroy a zombie’s brain to kill it, but not many people know how to apply flawless zombie Halloween makeup.
Here are a few zombie makeup tips inspired by the Deluxe Zombie Makeup Kit:
- Dip the sponge into the beige cream makeup tray. Dot it all over your face and neck; evenness is not important for this look. The goal is to create a bruised and blotchy skin effect. Rinse the sponge with warm water.
- Dip the sponge into the brown cream makeup tray. Dot it all over your face and neck. Rinse the sponge with warm water.
- Dip the sponge into the yellow makeup tray. Dot it all over your face and neck. Rinse the sponge.
- At this point, you should have a multi-tonal beige, brown, and yellow complexion.
- Dip the stipple sponge (that’s the textured black one) into the red makeup tray. Dab it gently against your cheeks and forehead, creating the look of bloody abrasions.
- Dip the thin brush into the red makeup tray and use it to accentuate the red sponge marks on your cheeks. Connect a few dots to make them look like small cuts.
- Apply a thorough coating of Spirit Gum adhesive to the part of your face where you’d like to use a wound appliance. Add Spirit Gum to the back of the appliance, as well.
- Press the appliance against your skin, tapping the edges with a fingertip. Hold the appliance in place for 60-90 seconds. Check to see if the appliance is secure. If not, add more Spirit Gum to the appliance as needed.
- Repeat this process with the second wound appliance. We recommend applying one wound to your forehead and one to your cheek for a balanced look!
- Gently squeeze both tubes of blood onto your forehead, cheeks, and corners of your mouth. This safe, realistic blood will trickle and thicken just like real blood. Start with a very small squeeze to get a feel for how quickly the solution is dispensed.
Remember that you don’t need to be an expert to create a unique and thrilling Halloween makeup look! Don’t be afraid to go bold, get messy, and throw out the rule book. Whether you’re looking for vampire Halloween makeup, devil Halloween makeup, or any other spooky style, you can make it happen. Halloween is the best time of year to rock bright pink eyeshadow, a full face of glitter, or black lipstick with total confidence. We can’t wait to see your creativity in action.