You will see an additional shipping charge added to your order of either $10, $20 or $25.
The fee assessed is based upon the size of the product. Oversize items are excluded from shipping promotions.
- Mortal Kombat Raiden Deluxe Adult Mens Costume includes:
- Jumpsuit with Boot Covers
- Molded Shoulders
- Molded Shin Guards
- Molded Gauntlets
- Not included:
- Garment - 100% Polyester
- Wash/Care Instructions:
- Hand wash only
Customers most agreed on the following attributes:
[0 of 1 customers found this review helpful]
Great place to get anything you need for dress up!
It was a great costume the only problem was that the hat broke not even half way through trick or treating.
I decided to order Raiden this year because I was Scorpion from Mortal Kombat last year. I tried to order this in store but they refused to help me order it, saying it was online only.
After seeing the price online, I decided it was worth the buy. I created an account only to find out that the price is in USD (I live in Canada), and there were 'international economy' charges on top of the conversion rate, pushing the costume itself almost twice the original cost if I wanted express shipping. There was an option for free shipping at one point but I found out it was US only. Have to read the fine print I suppose.
Even after I used a 20% off coupon, it still came out to be way overpriced after the currency conversion, tax, and shipping costs. Being the stubborn person that I am and wanting to be unique due to the 'online only' status of the costume, I purchased it anyways.
Since getting the Scorpion costume last year, I had a hunch there was work to be done to the costume as it is not 'wear right out of the box' as they say. And I was completely correct. There are a lot of aspects that need modification. All the pieces that come with the costume look good in pictures but are flimsy and can break easily.
The jumpsuit for Raiden fits fine as a one size. The design looks very authentic with the Mortal Kombat logo on the left chest. The moulded shoulders, gauntlets, and shin pads all require refitting: aka. padded with craft foam and reglued to give it structure, and the straps that come with the costume had to be removed. New, thicker, velcro was put in place so that the gauntlets and shin guards don't slip off your body. The belt that is included is too big for me, so I had to adjust it as well. The hat fits perfectly and is really cool looking. Looks like an authentic rice farmer hat.
The worst part about this costume is the back where the velcro comes to close the suit together near the upper back and neck area. If you are wearing something underneath the suit (which you should), it is clearly visible here. To solve this, I created a cape made out of a frosted shower curtain to cover it up so you can't see the clothes worn underneath.
Using the costume is great, but walking is a real pain as the shin guards move around even after I added craft foam to give each pad support and structure. They shift everywhere and are not wide enough. This costume is overall really good for posing/pictures.
For the best effect, I also added blue colored contact lenses, an extra cloth portion to cover the lower half of my face, a bamboo staff, and fingerless gloves. I really do look the part. I went to one Halloween party and received a lot of good reception from MK fans who thought I looked amazing and spot on.
Overall rating for this costume:
*Looks good when complete
*Unique when purchased online only so it's unlikely someone else is wearing it.
*Expensive after currency conversion, taxes, and shipping. $$$.
*Is not fully complete. Can't wear right out of packaging. Extra velcro, foam, accessories, need to be bought to make this costume amazing which costs $$$.
*Flimsy armor pieces need extra support
*Hard to walk in. Good for posing/pictures
I rated this costume a 3 out of 5. I would have given it a 4 out of 5 if the price were cheaper for what is in the box (quality). Overall I would not recommend to a friend due to price as a lot of effort and extra supplies were taken to make this costume look good.
- All deliveries are pending approval and merchandise availability.
- Delivery time includes 24-48 business hours for processing.
- Orders are processed Monday-Friday.
- Our carriers DO NOT require a signature… If you are not home, the package will be left at your address.
- Orders are NOT processed or shipped on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
- Second Day and Overnight orders must be in before 12 PM EST to ship out same business day.
- Second Day and Overnight orders placed after 12 PM EST will ship the following business day.
- Second Day and Overnight orders are delivered Monday-Friday. They are NOT delivered Saturday or Sunday.
- Watch for e-mails from us. Check your spam folder, as our e-mails do sometimes end up there! We may need additional information to process your order.
- We will gladly accept products for returns within 14 days from when you received your purchase. We accept returns that don’t appear to be worn, are in new condition, and are in their original packaging. Read More >>